Tuesday 15 June 2010

The J. Paul Getty Museum









It was a very educating day today, the Getty's exhibitions had tonnes of religious art which was so amazing. The Old Testament gallery was such a joy to walk around, it's hard to think that these pieces of art are all so old and are still in such good condition. I also think it's interesting that Christ's image is not mentioned in the bible, yet every piece of him I saw today followed the typical template of the messiah; light skin, long dark hair and beard.



The Da Vinci exhibition was enjoyable but my one criticism is the politeness of the staff, instead of asking nicely to not take pictures, they thought I would respond better to them barking 'NO PHOTOS!!'
fuckin stupid bitch, I'm sick of the elitist attitude, I wasn't using flash so there's no way the picture would be damaged. The jokes on her I got a picture anyway [the dragon sketches above]

My favourite piece was just before we left; Printing the grand manner: Charles le Brun and monumental prints in the age of Louis XIV- The fall of the rebel angels. Such an impressive piece, the amount of skill needed to etch the image into metal plates with such an intricate amount of detail was just mind blowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment