Sunday 13 June 2010

Filipino Independence Fair









I figured it would be interesting to go to clebrate the filipino's independence from the spanish. The priest giving a talk at the beginning made some good points, one that really stuck in my head was along the lines of 'if you don't do things the way you see fit, you're simply a puppet being controlled by someone else'. The whole speech was centred around freedom [for obvious reasons] and it made me look at my own life and see if I really am free, and it got me thinking, the reason I act the way I do is because it conforms to most common behavior in our society. Now what got me really wondering is if I'm doing that because I am being controlled by the social norms, they are the puppeteers of my mind, which in turn, manipulates my physical being. It made me uneasy thinking that everything I do everyday is a result of centuries of oppression, but the more I think about it- it helps order, without order we are free to do whatever we wish. But on the other side of the coin, without order there is only chaos. Chaos is the catalyst in mans evolution, if we are content and free from chaos and destruction our bodies stay the same- the survival instinct fades away.

I guess I'm just rambling now, and maybe some people agree with me, but maybe we are due for a reign of chaos over the lands. Those of you who are believers of the Mayan prophecies, this 'ascension of man' in 2012 might just be the ticket to a more evolved life.

No comments:

Post a Comment