Wednesday 23 June 2010

Calvary Cemetery and Mausoleum







The minute I got there I knew I was in for a good day. There was a calm surrounding me, complete silence- the dead at peace, all was in a state of serenity. It got me thinking, the people that are buried here must really have been loved and/ or respected. The lengths their families have gone to, to have these massive works of art planted above them, protecting them is just incomprehensible to me. I hope maybe someday when it is my turn to return to the dust that the people I have left behind leave my shell in the protection of an ornate stone guardian.





The Giovinazzo grave was my favourite, even in death they are together- despite the traditional wedding vows that enable both to part in death.



No comments:

Post a Comment