Saturday 26 June 2010

Hollywood Graffiti






I'm pretty sure this [above] was a nest for homeless, the pair of old trainers and smell of urine kind of gave it away.




The street art here was very impressive, in comparison to the stuff I see back home on the Wirral- well there is no comparison, it just gets blown out of the water. Anyone who has seen the work in Sheffield will probably get on board very quickly with the graffiti here. The first thing that came into my head when I saw all of it was 'propaganda', they all had messages within them but not in a 'know thy enemy' type, infact to me it was the oppposite. The graffiti is truely a representative of the people that live there- one big mix of culture, all expressing themselves positivily and creatively.

No comments:

Post a Comment